The Treehouse at Piha
Located in the sought-after 'flats' of Piha Beach, perched up in the Pohutukawa trees with the constant sound of the birds and the ebb and flow of the surf, there’s no option but to completely switch off and relax.
- This architecturally designed house is north facing and was built to capture sun throughout the day.
- A large decked area out the back is where you’ll find yourself lounging with your morning cup of tea or coffee, or perhaps a lazy lunch shaded by the large umbrella.
- An elevated side deck is set up for comfortable relaxed lounging – put your feet up and lose yourself in your book or enjoy cocktails in the late afternoon sun.
- The views out of the full glass end of the living room, with doors that open up fully, will keep you captivated, whether spotting the kereru or tui in the protected Pohutukawa trees or beyond to the sea (note, there is no balcony but instead a glass balustrade).
- Open up the slider doors and the sound of the surf is a constant background noise that lulls you into relaxation from the moment you arrive.
Inside, the house has been designed with an easy flow that makes it the perfect holiday house for couples or families.
Main floor: open-plan living, kitchen & dining
- Enter the main door from the back deck and walk up the stairs into the expansive, open plan kitchen/dining/living space. With windows along the side of the house and at the front, you really do feel like you’re up in the trees.
- The kitchen’s large island is the hub of the house, and if you’re the one preparing the meals your views out to the trees will be a pleasure. Well-equipped by an owner who loves to cook, you’ll find everything you need for your stay.
- The living room has sliders that can be opened right up, allowing cross draughts and bringing the outside indoors.
Top floor: master bedroom & ensuite
- Go up the stairs to the master bedroom, which has both bush valley and sea views.
- A Dreamwool king mattress and bed provide the best sleep experience!
- The tiled ensuite bathroom has a large walk-in shower.
- Pulldown mosquito screen in the bathroom and in the bedroom allows for cross draughts at night.
Lower floor: second bedroom & family bathroom
- Go down the stairs to the second bedroom, which is equipped with a king-sized Sleepyhead bed.
- Bi-fold doors open onto the back deck.
- The family bathroom is next door and has a walk-in shower and a cast iron bathtub.
Ground floor: family room including 2 x single beds
- Down another set of stairs is a large family room with a 55” smart Android television, which is connected to the internet, so you will be able to access your own TV/movie streaming accounts.
- An oversized couch with plenty of cushions allows you to stretch out and watch in comfort.
- There are two single plywood daybeds kitted out with top-of-the-range Sleepyhead mattresses, perfect for families or another adult couple.
Recent reviews *from Kiwi guests!
Fantastic and very stylish treehouse within walking distance of beach and good cafes. Loved our stay.
Toni's house is an absolute dream - my friends and I had the loveliest weekend here among the pohutukawa treetops. Stunning space, beautiful furniture, super comfy beds, beach towels provided, short walk to the beach and the shop etc. We stayed two nights but seriously didn't want to leave! Cannot recommend this place enough. Bonus points for the beautiful kereru outside our window!!
Beautiful home with gorgeous tree top views. Loved the layout with lots of space and room to hang out. Would definitely stay again