A warm, modern and stylish luxury retreat with stunning, unobstructed panoramic views overlooking the majestic Fiordland mountains, Lake Te Anau and Te Anau township (6km away).
Furnished with modern amenities including a large private hot tub and central heating, this property was built with sustainability at the forefront of its design. Finished with quality linen and unlimited WIFI, this is the perfect base from which to explore Fiordland and its many wonderful activities, including Milford & Doubtful Sounds.
To enable us to make the Eco-Retreat as affordable as possible, we've created two LiveLocal listings:
• One bedroom (2 guests max)
• Three bedrooms (5 guests max)
This listing is for ONE BEDROOM, with a maximum occupancy of 2 guests (excluding infants <2 years old).
You will have private use of all rooms detailed below, but will not have access to the Eco-Retreat's additional 2 bedrooms.
Should you wish to book more than 1 bedroom, please see our other listing.
$400 per night
LiveLocal Price: $280 per night ✔ 30% discount!
No hidden extras! On LiveLocal, you won't find any surprise cleaning fees, extra guest fees or linen charges. Book now to grab this amazing deal!
• Super-king size bed
• stunning panoramic mountain views
• large sliding stacker doors with outdoor deck
• black-out curtains & blind
• Satellite TV (including Netflix)
• ceiling fan
• Bluetooth music system with in-ceiling speakers.
Kitchenette / Dining Room
• See 'Basic / Extra Amenities' sections below
• dining table & chairs.
• Satellite TV (including Netflix)
• 3-seater sofa
• DVDs, books & games.
• Huge shower with fantastic water pressure
• luxurious, deep bath overlooking the mountains to the east (or the magnificent night sky!)
• Large hot tub (spa pool)
• heated outdoor shower
• large, flat lawn
• outdoor dining table
• plenty of off-street parking right next to the house.
• We have a truly magnificent night sky here! Best enjoyed from the hot tub with a wine or beer.
• Solar panels provide electricity during your stay, and guests enjoy delicious rainwater, which is safe to drink.
• Underfloor central heating and passive solar design (large north-facing double-glazed windows and polished concrete floors to retain the heat) mean that the house will be warm, even in the depths of winter.
• Everything mentioned above is for guests’ exclusive use.
• Guests also have shared access to a washing machine & tumble dryer by request (these are located in our garage).
Other things to note
• The Eco-Retreat is a self-contained unit adjoining our family home, where we live with our young son and two dogs. There is therefore the potential for some noise (although we try our best to limit this!). We're always happy to answer any questions that you may have during your stay, but if you prefer not to have any contact with us, that's absolutely fine too!
• We have a reasonably steep gravel driveway, which is easily accessible by two-wheel-drive vehicles.
135+ guests have left us 5⭐️reviews during our first 1.5 years of business. Check them out here!
Here are some of our reviews from Kiwi guests!
Simply put, this property exceeds expectations effortlessly. Susanna and Glen are wonderful, thoughtful hosts with a unique property set in one of the most beautiful landscapes you will find anywhere in the world. A bucket list airB&B.
Awe inspiring views, super stylish home, warm & inviting, & delightfully comfortable! Does it get any better? Oh yes, great value! Would only stay here when we come back to the area. Only a few minutes drive from the centre of town – the views are worth every second. Very comfortable beds & great sound system. Just book & have a superb time!!
What a beautiful place to stay! From the time we first pulled up where Susanna greeted us and showed us around the property, to sipping cider in the hot tub under the stars, we could not have had a more perfect stay. The location is absolutely stunning, the home is wonderfully outfitted with everything you need for your stay and in impeccably detailed style. We were warm and cozy during the autumn night (which was very quiet too), and had lovely coffee and muesli in the kitchenette in the morning. I could not have had a better birthday stay! Thank you Susanna and Glen, we will definitely be staying again!