Wytchwood Lake House is only steps away from the lake edge, just follow the wide garden path down to the water. This is a large house, comfortably furnished, with a warm, cosy fire in winter and doors opening onto both front and back decks for summer.
• The house offers you the master bedroom and ensuite, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, study and laundry, as well as a single carport. There are other rooms which are private.
• The sheltered back deck overlooking the garden is great for outdoor dining, while the expansive front deck overlooks Lake Rotorua, giving you great sunsets and night views of the city lights.
• You will have the house to yourself as we do not live there.
• A simple breakfast is provided for your first morning.
• Walk down the garden path to the lake and swim, kayak, or just sit and enjoy the view.
• The property is down a shared driveway and a 20 min drive from the city.
$175 per night
LiveLocal Price: $140 per night ✔️
On LiveLocal, a Kiwi run website, we have lower rates for guests because of lower commissions and no extra, hidden fees - just honest, all inclusive pricing.
Reviews From Kiwi Guests:
What a fabulous cottage right on the lake edge! The cottage is in a beautiful, quiet, private & away from the road location over looking Lake Rotorua. We walked to the lake edge with our morning cuppa & soaked up the gorgeous view & sipped wine while the sun set from the lakeside bench seat. Bliss! The cottage is spacious & clean yet decorated in a cosy style, with great outside seating front & back. The bedroom was spacious too & the bed was really firm & comfortable. Lots of fluffy towels were provided as well as some yummy goodies such as cookies, croissants, eggs, bacon, milk. Kind use of cupboard staples such as oil, salt, pepper, jam, tea bags meant we had all the basics. Use of the kayaks was also awesome & we paddled along the lake edge on a hot sunny afternoon. After using our own mountain bikes in the Redwoods Forest we were recommended to use the Secret Spot Hot Tubs which was a perfect end to a hard afternoon riding! We’d definitely recommend this cottage - a perfect spot!"
Such a special place! We loved visiting in the summer with the kayaks, swimming and sunsets. We will be back.
Geraldine was an outstanding host. The cottage on Lake Rotorua was exactly as described. The interior is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. The extra touches included a well stocked fridge and pantry. Loads of delicious food, including homemade cookies and toasted crudités to eat with Brie cheese... plenty more delicious breakfast treats along with fresh fruit. It was the glorious smelling roses in the bedroom that was a surprise. It’s always lovely to have beautiful linen and towels provided. A fireplace loaded with wood, ready to start.... If you are looking for a special few days away in a quiet location with luxuries of a 6 star hotel then this is the spot to visit. We would return if visiting Rotorua again. The drive in and out of the town is about 20 minutes so not far or difficult and worth the effort. We stayed for four nights.