Escape to a magical and modern retreat on the edge of Middle Earth, high above the city, surrounded by green forest and stunning harbour and city views.
Paua Cottage is located in a posh suburb only 10 mins drive to Wellington CBD. Relax in our quiet, sunny, stylish and spacious 2 bedroom place. The space is spread over 2 stories, with kitchenette, conservatory, laundry, private gardens and 2 bedrooms with King sized beds. Super convenient location, close to Bus, Train & Village Shops. Enjoy privacy, sea views, breakfast included, Free unlimited WiFi, Free private parking and great hosts!
$230 per night
LiveLocal Price: $160 per night ✔️
No hidden extras! On LiveLocal, a Kiwi run website, our price includes everything for up to 4 adults! There are no cleaning fees, no extra guest fees, no linen fees. Book now to grab it!
Relax, unwind and recharge in the peace and quiet of this amazing space. Paua Cottage is perfectly designed for 2 couples travelling together, with comfortable King beds in each bedroom and a spacious and stylish 2 story layout you can spread out in. Your pantry and fridge are also well stocked with everything you need to make your own breakfast, including an outstanding morning brew... plus all the extras you could imagine to put your feet up!
Rest assured the cottage bedrooms are not directly below the main adjoining house, they are terraced in front beneath a separate roof, so you'll enjoy peace, quiet and privacy.
❶ UNIQUE FEATURES
The Paua Cottage offers features that make it extra special:
• Amazing views of city & harbour!
• 10 minute drive to city centre
• King sized beds!
• Free private parking (1 car)
• Unlimited Superfast 100Mb/sec WiFi!
• Modern, sunny and spacious living
• Full of unique character and style
• Continental breakfast included
• 5 star quality linen and guest supplies
• Surrounded by wild forest and gardens
• Even better views of city lights at night!
• Travel guides and local info
• Freeview, Chromecast & Apple TV
• Convenient USB charging sockets
• Stream your Netflix to the TV
❷ LAYOUT & GARDENS
• Two story cottage with private access
• Terraced in front of host house
• 13 external steps down to entrance
• Internal stairs to lower bedroom
• Two private garden areas
• 4 person table in upstairs garden
• 2 person table in downstairs garden
• Solar fairy lights everywhere!
❸ FOOD & COOKING
• Convenient and compact kitchenette
• Fridge and microwave (no oven)
• Artisan coffee machine!
• Single induction cooktop
• Kettle, toaster, and slow cooker
• Le Creuset Dutch Oven Pot
• Cookwear and utensils
• Microwave cooking accessories
• Cooking oil, chilli, soy sauce, spices
• Well supplied pantry and fridge!
• Coffee, tea, sugar & biscuits
• Honey, jam, peanut butter, & marmite
• Fresh home baked bread!
• Farm fresh pasturised milk
• Fresh hens eggs!
• Cereal, muesli, yoghurt, fruit
❹ SAFETY & COMFORT
• Electric fireplace (LED flame effect)
• Plush soft Electric blankets
• Emergency “grab & go” bags
• 2 large, high powered floor fans
• Dehumidifier / air Ioniser
• Extra blankets in cold season
• Lots of radiator heaters!
• Breakfast restock every 2 days
• Towel change every 3 days
• Weekly linen change for long stay
• Weekly vacuum / tidy for long stay
Check out our SuperHost reputation on Airbnb!
⭐️5.0 (71 reviews)
• Communication 5.0
• Cleanliness 5.0
• Location 5.0
• Check-in 5.0
• Accuracy 5.0
• Value 5.0
Recent reviews from Kiwi guests!
Paua Cottage was amazing! The view was great, the house itself was clean and had everything needed and more! Ben and Angel had thought of so many little details, it made everything just so easy. I can’t fault one single thing about the weekend stay. Thank you so much!
Greatest BNB I never had before, great breakfast and fruits. Will return again with my family.
Paua Cottage is a real gem in Khandallah, Wellington. There are so many positives and reasons to stay here: the hosts are so lovely and have added extra little touches which make your stay extra special, they are prompt in their replies and their check-in procedure is flawless. The accommodation is spotless and has everything you need plus more for your stay. The views over the water, hillside and Westpac Stadium (Cake Tin) were so lovely during the day and even more spectacular during the night. We would definitely rebook the Paua Cottage on our next trip back to Wellington.